Thursday, December 28, 2006

ta ta 2006

This pic was taken a few minutes into 2006. After several rounds of drinks and mega-competitive win-lose-or-draw, we wished goodbye to 2005 and welcomed 2006.


cheers 2006


Little did we know of what was in store for us, as we ushered the new year in. Among them were (in no particular order and reference): the start of a sitcom, drama & series, a renewed hosting career, the winning of accomplished awards, mothers falling ill, a new and unexpected relationship, the promise of a baby, the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of participating in a reality show, anxiety attacks and breakdowns, taitaidom and many, many more.


It’s been almost a year since and it’s that time of the year again. How time flies…


This is also the time of year when people reflect on the good and bad of the previous year and make vows, also known as the “R” word – RESOLUTIONS!


I personally have never been one to make new year resolutions. To be honest, I do start off with good intentions. The usual suspects would come up but I always had a reason to cross it off my list…guilty as charged!



* Quit smoking – Whatever for! I enjoy it too much…
* Get organised – Nah, are you kidding me? What you see is an organised mess…I know exactly where everything is.
* Shop less – Shopping is not a bad thing – repeat over again and again. Besides, retail therapy is good for the mind and soul!
* Lose weight – I’m not that fat…just voluptuous! Hahahaha!
* And the list goes on…as do the denial statements! You get the picture…

Now, for the reality check:



> Smoking – I finally ended this ten-year relationship – more cos of guilt than of my own will. Irregardless, I do deserve a pat on the back. Lots of pats! It’s been slightly over 6 clean months now and I’d be lying if I said I don’t miss it. Sadly enough, I still feel the void it’s left behind. So pathetic, some might say! A part of me is soooo looking forward to after I pop to have my next ciggie. Another part of me is telling me that I’ve been such a good girl and I’ve come thus far, it’d be such a waste to start again. Oh well, only time will tell…
> Get organised – Does getting a maid count? She's really really good...
> Shopping – I shopped lots :) this year; I’ve had good reasons to – bigger clothes (for this ever expanding tummy), pregnancy stuff (health food, extra pillows, lotions and creams, natural products) etc. It’s amazing how many things there are available out there and supposedly necessary for pregnant mums. Can’t use this, can’t do that, blah, blah, blah. I wonder how the previous generation got by. According to mum, back then, they never had any of these concerns and look at how we turned out. She does have a point! Still, just to be safe, it’s been all natural products for me and baby! And lately, my shopping has diversified to baby stuff. I know now why a cousin of mine once told me that ever since she had kids, she’s spent less on herself. Firstly, baby stuff ain’t cheap! Secondly, there are so many things to buy – all of which are soooo cute! Yes, I reiterate – retail therapy IS good.
> Lose weight – Hahahaha!!! I have put on 6kg. I mean, the baby has put on 6kg – she is very bulat :p

Seeing as how unexpected the above turned out, I think I might have to give this whole resolutions thing a bit more thought. More on this in blogs to come (yes, I'm getting the hang of blogging!!).


So as the year comes to an end, I find myself neither ecstatically happy nor extremely sad; I thank god for the blessings he has graciously granted and humbly surrender to the challenges he has presented. And with that, I look forward to the promise of a new year.


Ta ta 2006…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails