last weekend, my social butterfly turned three and as you may have read here and here, i'd spent the last couple of weeks just focused on getting her butterfly-themed party together. despite the last minute planning*, i had SO much fun ;) butterflies are a lovely theme to work with as the possibilities are endless...
*as always...! this seems to be the story of my personal life...i so need to shift and get organised...
unfortunately, i was so tied up and didn't take any pics with my own camera so i had to wait a week to get the pics from shafiq, our photographer. i was so excited to share with you details of the party but it was pointless sharing without the pics. so i could hardly contain my excitement this past week and had to refrain from blogging but it was well worth the wait. do give shafiq a tinkle or check out his site if you're in kl and looking for a photographer who's reliable and doesn't overcharge. aaaanyways, how easily i digress....so back to the party ;)
i'll let the pics tell you the story...
- the garage entrance leading to the garden & patio -top row from L to R :
1. signages were placed along the road leading to the house with a background to match the invites; 2. butterfly cut outs were placed at nearly every corner.bottom row from L to R :
1. more butterfly cut outs; 2. the garage entrance.
- garden fun...reminiscent of my childhood parties -top row from L to R :
1. toys for the toddlers to play "house" in the garden; 2. pin wheels decorated the "field"; 3. a colourful pin wheel upclose.middle row from L to R :
1. old fashioned "pop pops" for the mischievious boys; 2. bubbles galore; 3. bottles of bubble potion with butterfly caps.bottom row from L to R :
1. old fashioned propeller toys; 2. bubble machine for added oomph; 3. simple glider planes.
- the patio set up -top row from L to R :
1. butterfly lanterns and balloons; 2. grown up dining tables.bottom row from L to R:
1. mini dining; 2. more lanterns.
- all around -top row from L to R :
1. butterfly banner with ilaika's name; 2. butterflies on sheer curtain drapes; 3. a framed butterfly cut out with ilaika's name.middle row from L to R :
1. butterfly lantern upclose; 2. the cut outs for the banner; 3. butterfly banner with cut outs held to a ribbon using mini clothes pegs.bottom row from L to R :
1. a d.i.y. of a framed butterfly cut out for table decor; 2. more butterfly banners; 3. lil gifts (glow-in-the-dark butterflies & tattoos) for the games.
- the topsy turvy butterfly cake & the table decor -
* sorry for the overdose of cake pics...this was my first attempt at a topsy turvy cake & i had spent 8 hours with just the cake decor, so i just can't get enough of it ;p
- part of the kiddies' buffet line with a "sweet stuff" display -
- the invites & thank you butterfly bollipops for the parents -
- the party packs -top row :
white stained wooden frames personalised with each child's name.middle row from L to R :
1. water fun for the older boys; 2. thank you tags; 3. caterpillar soft toys for the younger boys.bottom row from L to R :
1. a vanity kit consisting of a fluffy fan, butterfly embossed pink mirror and butterfly hair ties for the older girls; 2. butterfly soft toys for the younger girls; 3. the fluffy feathery fan.
i saved the best for last - for the cake cutting, we decided to take the cake out into the garden. i love how pretty it looks here...
i'm extremely pleased with how everything came together and i'm thankful for all our family and friends that came to help out. at the end of the party, i was quite hesitant to tear down the decor and a part of me wished i could throw exactly the same pretty party just for myself ;)