Monday, January 01, 2007

two-in-one

These days, we find so many things “expressed” for our convenience e.g. 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner, 3-in-1 coffee etc. Ironically, 2006 ended with a 2-in-1 of its own – Hari Raya Haji and New Year countdown in the same day!


So on the morning of 31 December 2006, we gathered at Tok’s house for our ritual makan-makan, all dressed in traditional baju melayu and baju kurung, like the angels we all are.


IMG_0022.JPG


Then at night, the devils came out to play! Well, kinda…


IMG_0025.JPG


You see, one of the signs of getting old is when you decide to group together at a friend's place to celebrate new year’s with their family. Just to warn you by the way, that you’ll probably come across more signs of getting old in my future blogs. Yes, I am at that crossroad in my life when most of the choices I make seem to spur up a surprise reaction from deep within…”My god, I’m getting old!”


Yes – going to town, strugling with traffic, paying exorbitant prices and squeezing through crowds for dear life, just seems like too much hassle for one night. Plus of course, we have our own bed to go home to, so no need for an excuse to sneak around like we did during our dating days :p


I don't know whether I speak for all, but for me, it's comforting to know that the year ended with family, friends who are ok with being silly in front of one another (yes, this year ended with a home-karaoke session - like all other gatherings at Jacq's place - with our version of Bohemian Rhapsody and also the baptism of "Fiddy Zain"), people I love and people I enjoy being with. It gives me that feel-good, warm feeling inside...like drinking hot choc with marshmallow in winter!


IMG_0027.JPG


Here’s to great friendships and cheers to the promises of 2007…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails